Wednesday, October 1, 2014

How in the world did I end up in middle school

Hey blog followers,

Man oh man, I've made it to week 3 of teaching and one question that I keep asking myself is, how in the world did I become a MIDDLE school teacher!?! It's extremely different than elementary level! The planning, the age group, the drama,  the attitude (ok ok, not always that different...) but goodness, it's a hard thing for me to swallow and really comprehend at times. It's not that I don't like it... It's just different. I never thought this day would come, but I feel I'm forgetting what it's like to be a kid. Dealing with discipline in middle school is different than elementary in many ways. There is the obvious that I'm not asking kids to pull a card if they did something wrong, but I will say calling parents at any grade level  is never fun. I feel I'm gaining some tough skin that I didn't even know I had in me. My greatest strength is also my greatest weakness: compassion. I have no idea how I'm ever going to discipline my own kids, because I feel like if I start to tear up with strangers kids, then how in the world am I going to deal with my own? I miss being with the kinders everyday, but I must say I'm sure one day I'll look back and say the same about my middle schoolers. Life is weird... I never saw myself where I am today. Basically to sum it up is the only thing we can really expect in life is to expect the unexpected. These are the things I had to say!

#dreasaidit

No comments:

Post a Comment