Monday, October 26, 2015

Walking with Strangers

Hey Blog Followers,

I'm going to get straight into my thoughts and points tonight. I have been thinking about the question, when do strangers become familiar faces and when do our familiar face friends/family become strangers? 

Life doesn't make sense sometimes and I don't mean to sound negative about it, but truly I don't get it sometimes. One of my favorite quotes from Gossip Girl is, 

"In life, as in art, some endings are bittersweet. Especially when it comes to love. Sometimes fate throws two lovers together only to rip them apart."

I'm not talking about lovers or love here. But, replace the word "lover" with stranger, or friend, or family. I know the typical answer that I have heard many times before...everyone comes into our lives for a reason or for a season,  A blessing, or a lesson, blah blah blah. 

Are we living a life with full of strangers? Perhaps. Think about the people you know if your life right now. At some point were they a stranger and now your best friend? Were they family and now you feel distant and don't have a clue about where to even start with them? I have ran into people who are not friends, nor strangers, nor family, so what are they and how is it that I ended doing this thing called life with them. Co-workers, the cashiers at the gas station, the bank teller, our doctors, familiar hikers, gym goers, etc.  

HOW COOL is that though!? That everyone we meet and see has the potential of making a mark in the memory spots of our brains. That even if people do disappear in our lives it can still be part of your story no matter how big or how small of an impact they made. I know strangers who have helped me along the way to where I am now and I don't even know there name, but I have their face implanted in my brain. For example, the guys who helped me when I got rear ended last year. Or the girl who actually ended up hitting my car. The lady who basically told me to go to South Africa. STRANGERS! Implanted in my brain and made in impact in my life in some way.

What about you blog followers? What are your answers or perspectives on this topic?

These are things I had to say.
#DreaSaidIt

No comments:

Post a Comment