Sunday, June 15, 2014

Gaby's Bridal Shower

Hey Everyone!

It's been a while since I've posted last, but Gaby's Bridal Shower was worth writing and sharing on my blog.

Let me first start off by saying, I totally understand why people have party planners now. As a teacher we always have to plan for everything and I mean EVERYTHING....lesson plans, seating arrangements, scheduling, and etc. I would say party planning is just as much. You are planning for weeks to see  how this one day will turn out.

My sister-in-law, Sara (I've mentioned her before in my previous blog posts), is such an amazing person in general, but wow her vision for my sister's bridal shower surpassed my imagination 100x's more than what I could have came up with on my own. We went with a "Kate Spade" theme party with pink, black, and white colors, with hints of gold. If you were to ask me a few months back, "What is a a Kate Spade themed party?" I would have said (actually I did say, "What is even Kate Spade?") Well, our version of it included, bows and polka dots. The invitations, the decor, the food, the guests, and so much more than I can even mention indescribably perfect for this, "Kate Spade" themed party.

The Lay Down of the Party
First we had a greeting table, where everyone had name tags (super helpful and recommend these for parties like these), had pictures of Gaby and Brian, a count down display, and note cards for people to write down words of advice, favorite bible verse, or a sweet thought. I decided I would make those note cards into a little book for Gaby to have.




Then guests could go find a seat where the tables were beautifully set up and had balloons hanging above them. Guests could then find their name on a cup and sip on sparkling lemonades from Trader Joes or snack on some crackers with cheese or hummus. (Gaby's favorite)





After appetizers, we did a prayer for Gaby we got to eat a wonderfully prepared meal that so many people helped put together. First, guests could build there own salad, and then from a variety of sandwiches and slices of different pizzas. It was delicious and so fun. While guests, finished there meals, we also played a little game of mustaches and lips where if they think the groom answered the question then they would raise the mustaches and if they think the bride answered the question they would raise the lips. It was a non-competitive, but yet fun way to get everyone involved without having to embarrass anyone.  




We were able to watch Gaby open her gifts, but she did it in such an awesome way. Every gift she opened she would talk about how she knew that person and it was a neat way to acknowledge that person who came out and for others to see the relations. Many guests came up to me after and told me that was one of their favorite parts. During gift opening, the guests were able to savor a delicious chocolate dipped strawberry and a vanilla or chocolate cupcakes, Yum!





I would have to say my favorite part was taking pictures of Gaby and her guests at the very end of the party. I made a photobooth with the help of my amazing friend, Alisha! Not only is she a talented singer (She'll be singing at Gaby's wedding), but her hand writing is amazing! (By the way Alisha, you got a lot of  compliments on that!)
Alisha, Gaby, and Alisha's  mom Trish

Bride and mom


Gaby, cousin Trisha and cousin Rachel


Gaby's Law School Friends

Gaby and Future Mother-in-law, Joan

This party was a success to say the least and I am so thankful that I have a sister to throw a party for, a sister-in-law with a creative vision, hardworking, and loving heart, all the people that helped (including the men who did behind the scenes like take care of babies, lift and hang things.), and all the guests that helped Gaby feel so special.
Sisters
Gaby and Sara
Sara and Me <3



I would post all 70+ pictures on my blog for you to see, but there are just to many. So I've posted some here and the rest I will put in a Facebook Album, so be sure to check them out there too!

No comments:

Post a Comment