Tuesday, June 16, 2015

From 180 min commute to an 8 minute commute


Hey Blog Followers!

Have you ever heard the saying that so much can change in a year? Well, I can say that pretty much sums up my life right now.

Background Story:
In September 2014 (not even a year ago) I accepted a computer teaching position at Culver City Middle School (here is the link to that post just in case you missed it). At first, I couldn't believe that I would end up teaching middle school computers and after a trying, but successful year my heart changed where  I couldn't see myself going back to teaching elementary, because I have loved teaching middle school students and computers so much! However, finding a job like that isn't always easy, so I felt torn on what to do next. Do I look for jobs near home even though they might not be middle school computers or do I stay at in Culver City and suck up the commute for at least another year?

Well, I give thanks, praises, and glory to God, because he blessed me with my heart's desire for the dilemma I was having!

I have accepted a position to teach Computer Electives for Sandburg Middle School in GLENDORA! I'm not a Gutter Titan anymore, but a Sandbox Spartan (Glendorian's will get that...). It's all still so surreal for me and probably will be until I start teaching! 

There are so many miracles, small stories, and people along the way that made this possible and I might write a whole blog post on every single miracle that led to this point. However, right now I briefly want to share this journal entry that I wrote after I started my first couple days at Culver City:

Journal Entry I wrote on September 13, 2014:
"...[me complaining about the commute] It's only day 2! I don't know what is going to happen. I'm already praying for a solution! My heart really doesn't want to make L.A. my home, even if it is temporary. My whole life is in Glendora, church, family, and friends. My dad made so many sacrifices to give us what we have, just like my Heavenly Father sacrifice is the greatest act of love. I guess I don't know what I'm sacrificing for."

God heard me and even though the solution didn't come right away, he used my 1st year teaching experience to prepare me for a job that only He knew would come to exist in the future. He prepared me in so many ways and even though I complained along the way, He was still gracious, merciful, and understanding. At the time I didn't know what I was sacrificing for, but now I am so thankful to God for not allowing me to give up.

I don't know what trials you are currently facing, but my prayer is that God will allow you to keep pushing through it and that it will come back and become a blessing to you! Don't be afraid to listen to your gut feelings and I mainly want to encourage you to dream big!

My question to you blog followers is, what is one thing that you feel would be so impossible to accomplish? Whatever it is you choose, please let me know so that I can pray with you that God will turn that impossible to a possible!


These are the things I had to say.

#DreaSaidIt



No comments:

Post a Comment